This Beef Noodle Bowl is a quick, healthy, delicious meal. I was inspired to make this dish by one of our favorite dishes at, you guessed it, Walt Disney World!
Epcot is our go-to park at Disney. We love the rides and attractions at the other parks, but the incredible variety of food at Epcot is what always pulls us back. The unique dining experiences in each country around the World Showcase are amazing!
When my kids were growing up, I insisted on one sit-down meal everyday - whether we were at home or at Disney. As they got older, I relaxed a bit and we started trying out the counter service food at Epcot. We quickly found our favorites - number one being the Beef Noodle Bowl at Lotus Blossom Cafe in the China Pavilion. That was a must-have meal every trip! Now, imagine our disappointment when we drove up there a couple of years ago and found it was no longer on the menu.
Not to worry, I'm a retired chef. And, fortunately, I have an excellent palate! This recipe for Beef Noodle Bowl is what I came up with to satisfy our craving. I think it actually tastes better than the original! As a bonus, it's a really quick, well-rounded, healthy meal that can be put together start to finish in just under 30 minutes! It's a win-win situation!
Let us know what you think about this recipe by commenting below.
- 1 8-ounce package wide lo mein noodles
- 8 to 12 ounces top round, thinly sliced
- 2 cups beef stock
- ½ teaspoon red pepper flakes
- 6-7 garlic cloves, minced
- 3 Tablespoons low sodium soy sauce
- 2 cups shiitake mushrooms (or mushrooms of your choice), sliced
- 5 ounces fresh spinach
- 1 bunch green onions, chopped
- Cook noodles according to package directions. Drain and run under cold water to stop the cooking process. Set aside.
- Season top round with salt and pepper and sauté. Set aside.
- Combine beef broth, red pepper flakes, garlic, and soy sauce in a dutch oven or soup pot.
- Bring to a boil and reduce heat.
- Add mushrooms.
- Stir in top round.
- Cook for 4-5 minutes, until mushrooms are done.
- Add noodles.
- Stir in spinach and green onions.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 4 Serving Size: 1 cup
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 500Total Fat: 63gSaturated Fat: 24gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 30gCholesterol: 612mgSodium: 1394mgCarbohydrates: 18gFiber: 3gSugar: 3gProtein: 216g