One of our favorite things about Disney is the Cinnamon Glazed Pecans! There’s nothing better than rounding a corner and being met with the wonderful smell!
Over the years we’ve mapped out all the carts in every park that sell them. Those carts are always the first place we head. A bag of those cinnamony-sweet, crunchy pecans gives us something delicious to snack on all day!
But what do you do when you start having cravings in between trips?!! We came up with a recipe that gives us that exact flavor any time we want it!
If you’re not a big fan of pecans (gasp!), you can substitute whatever nut you prefer. This is just as good with almonds or walnuts. I’ve personally never made it with anything other than those three, but I’m sure it would be just as good with any other nut you want to try.
Let’s face it, when you smother anything with cinnamon and sugar, how could it possibly be bad?!!
Try these out and let us know in the comments what you think!
Cinnamon Glazed Pecans
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 ½ teaspoons cinnamon
- ⅛ teaspoon salt
- ½ cup water
- 2 cups pecan halves
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- Line a sheet pan with parchment paper.
- Combine sugar, cinnamon, salt, and water in a cast iron skillet.
- Bring to a boil, reduce heat to medium, and cook for 2 minutes.
- Add pecans.
- Continue to cook, stirring constantly, over medium heat until sugar mixture starts to crystallize around pecans, about 10 minutes.
- Remove from heat and stir in vanilla.
- Immediately pour onto prepared sheet pan.
- Separate pecans.
Nutritional information is only an estimate. The accuracy of the nutritional information for any recipe on this site is not guaranteed.