This Easy Homemade Chicken Noodle Soup recipe is a healthy, flavorful, and is a magical cure all! With it’s warming and cozy flavors, this soup is a classic for a reason!
I’m sure everyone has memories of chicken noodle soup. It’s always the answer to cold weather or to just having a cold! There is something magical inside this soup that just makes everything right again.
To be honest, my mom has been making this soup for as long as I can remember. Whether it be winter and snowing or one of us got sick again, this soup was always there. I mean it.
For a while, I actually got sick (bu dum tsss) of this soup. I refused to eat it whenever my mom would make it. I think I just associated it with feeling sick! But I didn’t want anything to do with it.
Until I finally gave it another try. It was delicious and even better than I ever remembered it being! The flavors are so warm and cozy that it just makes you want to curl up with a blanket in bed. It’s truly the perfect soup!
how to make chicken noodle soup
First, gather all the ingredients together.
In a medium stock pot (about 8 quarts), place a couple tablespoons of butter and let melt. Add onions and sauté until it begins to soften. About 3 minutes. Add carrots, mushrooms, onions, garlic, and celery.
Cook vegetables until they start to soften. About 5 minutes. Add the chicken.
Stir in the chicken broth and bring to a boil.
Reduce the heat and let simmer for about 15 minutes. Add egg noodles and cook for about 10 more minutes.
Season with salt and pepper and serve!
can you freeze chicken noodle soup
Absolutely! Once the soup has cooled, you can spoon it into a ziploc and place it in the freezer. It will keep for months so, don’t worry abot making too much!
is chicken noodle soup healthy
Yes! With all the carrots, celery, and onions, it’s a great source of vitamin C and K. Which is why it’s the best soup to eat when you’re sick!
- If you don’t have access to cremini (baby bella) mushroom, you can use white button or any other mild flavored mushroom.
- If you’re in a hurry, you can use a rotisserie chicken and precut vegetables.
When you make this Easy Homemade Chicken Noodle Soup recipe, leave a comment down below! We love hearing from you and answering any questions you might have! Also, be sure to tag us on social media and hashtag it #MSDHospitality.
- 1 1/2 cups chopped onion
- 2 Tablespoons butter
- 1 cup chopped celery
- 1 cup chopped carrots
- 1 cup sliced mushrooms
- 1 teaspoon minced garlic
- 3 cups chopped cooked chicken
- 2 quarts chicken broth, homemade or store-bought
- 4 1/2 ounces egg noodles
- Melt butter in a medium (8 quart) pot.
- Add onion and cook until soft, about 3-4 minutes.
- Stir in celery, carrots, mushrooms, and garlic.
- Cook until vegetables are just starting to soften, about 5 minutes.
- Add chicken.
- Stir in chicken stock.
- Bring to a boil.
- Reduce heat and simmer until vegetables are cooked through, about 15 minutes.
- Add noodles and finish cooking, about another 10 minutes.
- Season to taste.
- If you don't have access to cremini (baby bella) mushroom, you can use white button or any other mild flavored mushroom.
- If you're in a hurry, you can use a rotisserie chicken and precut vegetables.
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 12 Serving Size: 1 cup
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 139Total Fat: 7gSaturated Fat: 3gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 4gCholesterol: 43mgSodium: 676mgCarbohydrates: 9gFiber: 1gSugar: 3gProtein: 11g