Fruit puree is one of those things we keep on hand at all times. There are so many different things you can do with it! You can mix it with sparkling wine to make bellinis for the adults or with club soda to make a healthy fruit-flavored soda for the the kids. It makes a terrific topping for waffles and ice cream. Stir it into fresh whipped cream to make a quick dessert. Mix it into cake batters or fillings.
Unlike most, I cook my whole mixture for a minute or two. It makes dissolving the sugar much easier; and we have found that the puree doesn't separate when done this way.
- 2 pints fresh (or frozen) fruit
- ½ cup sugar
- 4 teaspoons lemon juice
- Place all ingredients in saucepan.
- Cook over medium heat, stirring constantly, and breaking up fruit pieces, until sugar dissolves completely.
- Remove from heat and let cool.
- Transfer mixture to bowl of food processor.
- Process for a minute.
- Strain using a mesh strainer into clean bowl.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 16 Serving Size: 1 tablespoon
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 24Total Fat: 0gSaturated Fat: 0gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 0gCholesterol: 0mgSodium: 0mgCarbohydrates: 6gFiber: 0gSugar: 6gProtein: 0g