The best and easiest Chocolate Chunk Banana Muffins for your weekend chocolate craving. Two bowls, pantry staple ingredients, super quick to make, and SO GOOD. Made with chunks of your favorite chocolate bar, overripe bananas, and the very best of simple ingredients that everyone has. They’re the perfect muffin to bake to welcome in the the days ahead on this Friday! Best eaten warm, right out of the oven because the chocolate is so gooey and melty.
About The Recipe
I don’t know about you guys but when the weekend starts coming around, I wanna bake! Especially all things chocolate. These muffins are the perfect way to nix that craving. Plus, it uses up all of those overripe bananas sitting in the corner of your kitchen.
But, the best news is… We have made it to Friday! I know days are starting to blur together during these times, but let’s keep the excitement towards the weekend. Maybe you’ve been working a lot or chilling with “me” time. Either way, everyone deserves a day of baking for the next week ahead!
These jumbo muffins make eight, perfect for one each day of the week (because, if you’re like me, one midnight snack a week is essential!).
If you don’t have jumbo muffin pans, don’t sweat it. These muffins can be made into 12 normal sized, which is perfect for the whole family!
Though, these muffins are definitely hard to share…
They work as a perfect quick breakfast when you have to rush for a conference call, or as a quick snack for a busy day of cleaning, or just as a good bite during a regular day.
- All-Purpose Flour
- Baking Powder
- Vegetable Oil
In a large bowl, sift together the dry ingredients.
In a separate bowl, combine wet ingredients and whisk until thoroughly combined.
Pour the wet ingredients mixture into the dry ingredients. Mix well!
Fold in bananas and chocolate.
Spoon into a pre-prepared muffin tin and bake for 25 minutes at 350, or until lightly browned!
And, if you’re like me and a total chocoholic, add a few more chocolate chunks to the top of the batter before you bake!
The great thing about these muffins is the fact that they LAST! You can store these muffins in a container or in a freezer safe bag.
I personally like to keep them in the fridge because they never really last long enough to freeze. You can definitely store them either way. Just make sure you heat them up in the microwave first!
- If you don’t have overripe bananas, you can use frozen chunks. Just make sure you let them thaw!
- No chocolate bars? No problem! Simply sub with your favorite chocolate chips.
- This recipe makes 12 normal sized muffins and 8 jumbo sized.
- These muffins freeze really well!
- If you wait for the muffins to cool, the paper will come off much easier.
- You can always add more chocolate chunks on top before you bake!
When you make these Chocolate Chunk Banana Muffins, leave a comment down below! We love hearing from you and answering any questions you might have! Also, be sure to tag us on social media and hashtag it #BakersTable.
Jumbo Banana Chocolate Chunk Muffins
- 2 cups all purpose flour
- ⅔ teaspoon salt
- 2 teaspoon baking powder
- ¼ cup sugar
- 1 cup milk
- 2 large eggs
- ½ cup vegetable oil
- 4 bananas cut into chunks
- 1 ¼ cups chocolate chips
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Line muffin tins with baking paper, or spray with cooking spray. Set aside.
- In a large bowl, sift together flour, salt, and baking powder, and sugar.
- In a medium bowl, whisk together milk, eggs, and vegetable oil.
- Add wet ingredients to dry ingredients and stir to combine. Do not beat!
- Fold in bananas and chocolate chips.
- Spoon into prepared muffin cups.
- Bake for 25 minutes for jumbo muffins, 20 minutes for regular muffins, or until done.
Nutritional information is only an estimate. The accuracy of the nutritional information for any recipe on this site is not guaranteed.