Two words, SO. GOOD. This easy One Pot Vegan Italian Spaghetti Sauce is perfect for nights when you’re craving Italian, but need something simple and easy to prepare. Spaghetti pasta tossed with a flavorful meatless sauce, topped with fresh basil and your favorite vegan parmesan cheese. Enjoy a cozy pasta dinner that's entirely plant based and healthy...ish. As an added bonus, this is made all in one pot! It's the perfect meal.
About The Recipe
Today, we're keeping things simple, easy, and super cozy because nothing screams comfort like a big plate of pasta! This recipe was actually developed because I hadn't been feeling too good and my mom wanted to get some vegetables/food down me. This is what she came up with.
After one bite, I immediately started feeling better! I think soon after I made her write down everything she put in this... oops!
But it's that good!
To be totally honest with you guys, I have been holding out on you with this. We've made it probably three or four times since and every bite had been just as good as the last.
- Vegan Italian Sausage
- Olive Oil
- Green Bell Pepper
- Petite Diced Tomatoes
- Tomato Sauce
Using a knife, gently cut the casing on the sausage and peel it off.
Now, in a medium sized pot, add olive oil and let get warm. Add the sausage and sauté for about 3 minutes.
Add in the mushrooms, celery, onion, bell pepper and cook for about 4 minutes.
Now, add the tomatoes and tomato sauce and let cook down for 30-40 minutes.
Serve over pasta, top with cheese and basil, and serve!
How To Store
You can store the sauce in single size servings or in a large freezer safe bag! Reheating is also super easy. Place the frozen sauce into a pot, add a little bit of water, and let thaw over medium-low heat.
However, if you have leftovers mixed with pasta, just keep it in an airtight container and store in the fridge. It makes for a great lunch!
- The sauce is not only vegan/vegetarian but it's also gluten-free, dairy-free, and low carb!
- You can actually use whatever pasta shape you want.
- This recipe freezes really well.
- You can use store-bought, but our Homemade Tomato Sauce is seriously the best for this!
When you make this recipe, leave a comment down below! We love hearing from you and answering any questions you might have! Also, be sure to tag us on social media and hashtag it #BakersTable.
- 14-ounce vegan Italian sausage
- 1-2 Tablespoons olive oil
- 1 cup chopped onion
- ¼ cup chopped celery
- ¼ cup chopped bell pepper
- 1 cup sliced mushrooms
- 1 ½ teaspoons minced garlic
- 2 cups petite diced tomatoes
- 1 cup tomato sauce
- Remove casings from sausage and sauté in olive oil for 2-3 minutes.
- Add onion, celery, bell pepper, mushrooms, and garlic.
- Continue to cook for 3-4 minutes, until vegetables begin to soften.
- Add tomatoes and tomato sauce.
- Reduce heat and cook for 40 minutes, until thickened.
- Serve over pasta and enjoy!
Nutrition Information:Yield: 4 Serving Size: ½ cup
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 445Total Fat: 34gSaturated Fat: 11gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 26gCholesterol: 57mgSodium: 765mgCarbohydrates: 14gFiber: 2gSugar: 6gProtein: 21g