Better Than Takeout Shrimp Lo Mein
Nothing beats a large bowl of noodles! This Better Than Takeout Shrimp Lo Mein is simple, delicious, spicy, and the perfect weeknight dinner.
- 1 ½ cups broccoli florets
- 3 cups shiitake (or baby bella) mushrooms, sliced
- ½ cup onion, sliced
- 1 cup carrot, julienned
- 12 ounces shrimp, peeled and deveined
- 1 garlic clove, crushed
- ¼ teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes,
- ¼ cup soy sauce, or to taste
- 8 ounces Lo Mein noodles
- 1 Tablespoon sesame oil
- 1 green onion chopped for garnish (optional)
Cook lo mein noodles according to package directions, drain, and set aside. (They will stick together when you leave them! Don't worry about it. Splash them with some cold water before tossing them in at the end.)
In a large wok (or skillet) over medium heat, add sesame oil. Heat until shimmering.
Add mushrooms, garlic, and red pepper flakes and sauté until tender, about 3 minutes.
Stir in shrimp and continue to cook for 2 minutes.
Add onions, carrots, and broccoli. Sauté for 1 minute or until desired degree of doneness.
Stir in lo mein noodles. Mix thoroughly.
Add soy sauce.
- Be careful not to overcook the shrimp!
- Splash the lo mein noodles with cold water before adding them to the lo mein. This will help unstick them.
- Everything is this recipe is adjustable to taste.
- You can use and/or add chicken or beef to this lo mein.
- This recipe stores and reheats well!
Serving: 1.5cups | Calories: 368kcal | Carbohydrates: 51g | Protein: 28g | Fat: 6g | Saturated Fat: 1g | Polyunsaturated Fat: 2g | Monounsaturated Fat: 2g | Cholesterol: 214mg | Sodium: 1683mg | Potassium: 581mg | Fiber: 4g | Sugar: 5g | Vitamin A: 5626IU | Vitamin C: 40mg | Calcium: 164mg | Iron: 3mg