Fresh Tomato Salsa
Easy to make, sweet, spicy, and SO GOOD! This Fresh Tomato Salsa is the perfectly compliment to so many dishes.
Servings: 4 cups
- 2 pints grape tomatoes chopped
- 1 cup chopped onion
- Juice of 1 lime
- 1 jalapeño chopped
- 2 garlic cloves crushed
- 1 loosely packed cup of cilantro chopped
- Salt and pepper to taste
- If you don't have cherry tomatoes, you can use whatever tomatoes you have on hand. Just chop them into small enough bites.
- Feel free to use a mix of peppers, if you wish. We just prefer jalapeños so it's spicy without being overwhelmingly spicy.
- You can use red onion instead of yellow, but it won't be as good. The yellow onion brings out a much sweeter flavor in the salsa whereas the red onion brings out a hotter, more intense flavor.
- You can use pre-chopped produce from the store.
- If you don’t have a citrus juicer, you can twist and squeeze the lime once it’s cut to extract the juice.
- Cherry tomatoes are the best tomato to use for this salsa.
- This keeps for about 4-7 days in the fridge.
- This recipe is vegan, paleo, and keto!
Serving: 1/2 cup | Calories: 39kcal | Carbohydrates: 9g | Protein: 2g | Sodium: 57mg | Fiber: 2g | Sugar: 5g