Cinnamon Sugar Candied Pecans
Crunchy, perfectly sweet, cinnamon-y, and SO. GOOD. These Cinnamon Sugar Candied Pecans are the perfect treat to have during any time of year, but especially during the holiday's!
Servings: 8 servings
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 1 ½ teaspoons ground cinnamon
- ⅛ teaspoon salt
- ½ cup water
- 2 cups pecan halves
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
Line a sheet pan with parchment paper.
Combine sugar, cinnamon, salt, and water in heavy pan.
Bring to a boil, reduce heat to medium, and cook for 2 minutes.
Continue to cook, stirring constantly, over medium heat until sugar mixture starts to crystallize around pecans, about 10 minutes.
Remove from heat and stir in vanilla.
Immediately pour onto prepared sheet pan.
- When making the cinnamon syrup, be very careful! The mixture will boil and bubble up.
- Once the syrup calms down from a rolling boil, that's when you need to add the pecans.
- Constantly stir the pecans in the cinnamon syrup!
- Stirring the vanilla in may be a little difficult, but just make sure the pecans are tossed around quite a bit.
- When you pour the pecans on the lined pan, carefully break apart any clusters you may have.
- This recipe is naturally vegan AND gluten-free!
Serving: 1serving | Calories: 270kcal | Carbohydrates: 29g | Protein: 2g | Fat: 18g | Saturated Fat: 2g | Polyunsaturated Fat: 5g | Monounsaturated Fat: 10g | Sodium: 37mg | Potassium: 104mg | Fiber: 3g | Sugar: 26g | Vitamin A: 15IU | Vitamin C: 1mg | Calcium: 22mg | Iron: 1mg