Rich and full of flavor, this chicken stock is the ideal base for soups, stews, and casseroles.
- 2-3 chicken carcasses or any combination of chicken carcasses backs, and necks
- 1 large onion wedged
- 2 large carrots cut in 2-3 inch pieces
- 3 stalks celery cut in 2-3 inch pieces
- 6-8 cloves garlic crushed
- ⅛ cup whole black peppercorns
- 2-3 bay leaves
- 2-3 sprigs thyme
- Salt to taste
Place chicken, onion, carrots, celery, garlic, peppercorns, bay leaves, and thyme (if using) into a large stockpot.
Fill stockpot with water.
Add salt, if desired.
Bring to a boil.
Reduce heat and simmer for 2-3 hours, until broth starts to reduce down.
Remove from heat and allow to cool.
Strain broth into a large container.
Cover and refrigerate overnight.
Serving: 1cupCalories: 58kcalCarbohydrates: 3gProtein: 5gFat: 3gSaturated Fat: 1gPolyunsaturated Fat: 2gCholesterol: 20mgSodium: 62mgFiber: 1gSugar: 1g
Nutritional information is only an estimate. The accuracy of the nutritional information for any recipe on this site is not guaranteed.