Chocolate and Walnut Banana Bread
Easy, chocolate-y, delicious, and the perfect way to start your day! This Chocolate and Walnut Banana Bread is the absolute best.
- 1 ½ cups chocolate chips
- ½ cup vegetable oil
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 ¼ cups sugar
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- ¾ teaspoon salt
- 1 cup milk, room temperature
- 3 large eggs, room temperature
- 5-6 very ripe bananas, smushed
- 2 cups walnuts, toasted and chopped
Heat oven to 325 degrees.
Spray 2 9-inch loaf pans with baking spray. Set aside.
Combine chocolate chips and oil in a small saucepan.
Melt over low heat, stirring continually until chocolate is melted and mixture is smooth.
Remove from heat and set aside.
In a large bowl, whisk together flour, sugar, baking powder, and salt. Set aside.
In a medium bowl, beat milk and eggs together.
Add bananas. Mix.
Pour wet ingredients over dry ingredients.
Stir in chocolate mixture.
Divide batter evenly between prepared pans.
Bake for 45 minutes, until bread tests done.
- Each pan should have about 2 cups of batter.
- This recipe freezes really well!
- Make sure the chocolate is thoroughly melted.
- Don't over mix!
- Once the wet and dry ingredients are combined, try and work as quickly as you can. Since this recipe has baking powder, the batter will begin to rise as soon as it's mixed.
- Sprinkling the top with chocolate chips is an optional step.
Serving: 1slice | Calories: 384kcal | Carbohydrates: 46g | Protein: 6g | Fat: 21g | Saturated Fat: 5g | Polyunsaturated Fat: 11g | Monounsaturated Fat: 3g | Trans Fat: 1g | Cholesterol: 40mg | Sodium: 187mg | Potassium: 247mg | Fiber: 2g | Sugar: 28g | Vitamin A: 102IU | Vitamin C: 3mg | Calcium: 71mg | Iron: 1mg