Rich, decedent, and SO GOOD! These Blackout Brownies are perfectly sweet, full of delicious pecans, and have the best-ever soft, fudge-y center. The ultimate brownie!
- 2 ½ cups salted butter
- 1 ⅛ cups black cocoa powder
- 5 large eggs
- 2 ½ cups sugar
- 1 Tablespoon vanilla extract
- 1 ½ cups all-purpose flour
- 2 ½ cups pecans, chopped
Heat oven to 375 degrees F.
Spray 9x13 pan with baking spray. Set aside.
Melt butter in a sauce pan.
Whisk in cocoa powder. Set aside.
Beat eggs, sugar, and vanilla at high speed of an electric mixer for 10 minutes.
Turn mixer to low and stir in chocolate mixture.
Add flour and mix until blended.
Stir in nuts.
Pour into prepared pan and bake for 35 minutes.
- You can use Bake-even Strips to ensure the brownies bake in the oven.
- Make sure to beat the eggs, vanilla, and sugar for a full 10 minutes.
- Don't overwork the batter!
- This recipe freezes and reheats really well.
Serving: 1Brownie | Calories: 376kcal | Carbohydrates: 31g | Protein: 4g | Fat: 28g | Saturated Fat: 13g | Polyunsaturated Fat: 3g | Monounsaturated Fat: 10g | Trans Fat: 1g | Cholesterol: 90mg | Sodium: 19mg | Potassium: 133mg | Fiber: 3g | Sugar: 21g | Vitamin A: 653IU | Vitamin C: 1mg | Calcium: 25mg | Iron: 1mg