Double Chocolate Baked Donuts
A rich and decadent dark chocolate donut that's been topped with a super simple chocolate ganache. It's SO good! Perfect for breakfast or even as a quick bite of something sweet.
- ¾ cup chocolate chips
- 1 ¾ cups all purpose flour
- 1 ¾ teaspoons baking powder
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ½ cup unsalted butter
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 large egg
- ¾ cup milk
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
Dark Chocolate Ganache
- ½ cup dark chocolate chips
- ½ cup heavy cream
Heat oven to 350 degrees.
Brush insides of donut pans with vegetable oil. Set aside.
Melt chocolate chips. Set aside.
Beat butter and sugar together until light and fluffy, about 2-3 minutes.
Stir in melted chocolate.
Beat in egg.
Add flour mixture alternately with milk, beginning and ending with flour mixture.
Stir in vanilla.
Pour batter into pastry bag.
Pipe into prepared pans.
Bake 20-25 minutes, until donuts test done.
Combine chocolate and cream in a glass bowl.
Microwave on high for 30 second intervals, stirring after each, until chocolate is melted.
Stir gently until smooth.
- Allow the ganache enough time to cool slightly so it's thick enough to really cover and stay on the donuts.
- This recipe freezes and reheats really well!
- Make sure to check the expiration date on your milk and baking powder.
- The donuts taste better room temperature or slightly warmed.
Serving: 1donut | Calories: 234kcal | Carbohydrates: 30g | Protein: 3g | Fat: 12g | Saturated Fat: 7g | Polyunsaturated Fat: 4g | Cholesterol: 33mg | Sodium: 121mg | Fiber: 1g | Sugar: 18g