Truly magical! These Butterbeer Cupcakes with Butterbeer Buttercream Frosting are perfectly sweet, moist, and SO. GOOD.
- ½ cup butterscotch chips
- 3 cups flour
- 1 Tablespoon baking powder
- ¾ teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 ¾ cups sugar
- ½ cup unsalted butter, room temperature
- 2 large eggs
- 12 ounces butterbeer
- 1 ½ teaspoons vanilla
- 1 cup unsalted butter, room temperature
- 6 cups powdered sugar, sifted
- 1 teaspoon salt
- ½ cup butterbeer
- ½ cup dark or semi-sweet chocolate, melted
Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
Line muffin tin with cupcake liners or spray with baking spray. Set aside.
Melt butterscotch chips. Set aside.
In a medium bowl, whisk together flour, baking powder, baking soda, and salt. Set aside.
In the bowl of a stand mixer, beat sugar and butter until light and fluffy, about 2-3 minutes.
Add eggs, one at a time, beating well after each addition.
Add flour mixture alternately with butterbeer.
Stir in vanilla.
Mix in butterscotch.
Scoop into prepared muffin cups.
Bake for 20-25 minutes, until they test done.
In the bowl of a stand mixer, beat butter until creamy.
Add confectioners sugar, a little at a time, beating well after each addition.
Stir in butterbeer.
Putting It All Together:
(optional) Melt chocolate and place in a piping bag. Pipe Harry Potter shapes onto a piece of parchment paper. Set aside to let harden.
Pipe frosting onto each cupcake.
Decorate with piped chocolate.
- When you add the Butterbeer to the batter, it will bubble up! Just make sure to slowly stir it in.
- Don't over-mix the batter!
- Line your muffin tin before you start making the batter. This will make it easier!
- Fill each muffin cup to about 3/4 of the way full.
- For the frosting, the butter and the powdered sugar will not become smooth until you add the Butterbeer and vanilla.
- I used dark chocolate to pipe the shapes.
Serving: 1Cupcake | Calories: 380kcal | Carbohydrates: 64g | Protein: 2g | Fat: 13g | Saturated Fat: 8g | Polyunsaturated Fat: 1g | Monounsaturated Fat: 4g | Trans Fat: 1g | Cholesterol: 45mg | Sodium: 306mg | Potassium: 47mg | Fiber: 1g | Sugar: 50g | Vitamin A: 380IU | Calcium: 41mg | Iron: 1mg