Chicken and Wild Rice Soup
Cozy, warming, and extremely healthy! This Homemade Chicken and Wild Rice Soup is the perfect soup to have on hand any time of year.
- 4 cups cooked chicken, chopped
- 1 ½ cups wild rice
- 2 cups chopped onion
- 1 cup chopped celery
- ¾ cup sliced carrots
- 2 cups sliced mushrooms
- 2 cups diced tomatoes
- 3 quarts chicken stock
Combine all ingredients in a 6 quart pot.
Bring to a boil, then lower heat.
Cook over medium low heat for 60-90 minutes, stirring occasionally, until vegetables are tender.
Season to taste with salt and pepper.
- If you don't have Homemade Chicken Stock, you can use bullion cubes instead.
- We used Baby Bella mushrooms, but you can also use white button.
- To make things quick, you can buy a store-bought roast chicken and pre-chopped vegetables!
- This soup stores and reheats really well.
- Make sure you stir this soup often, You don't want the rice to stick to the bottom of the pot.
- This recipe is gluten free.
Serving: 1cup | Calories: 259kcal | Carbohydrates: 29g | Protein: 22g | Fat: 6g | Saturated Fat: 2g | Polyunsaturated Fat: 1g | Monounsaturated Fat: 3g | Cholesterol: 42mg | Sodium: 393mg | Potassium: 656mg | Fiber: 3g | Sugar: 7g | Vitamin A: 1452IU | Vitamin C: 7mg | Calcium: 44mg | Iron: 2mg