Apple Pie Crumble Bars
Simple, easy, and delicious! These Apple Pie Crumble Bars taste just like a warm slice of your favorite pie. SO. GOOD.
- 1 cup all purpose flour
- 1 cup old fashioned oats
- ½ cup brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- ½ cup unsalted butter, sliced
- 1 ½ cups apple pie filling
Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
Spray an 8 inch square pan with cooking spray. Set aside.
In the bowl of a food processor, combine flour, oats, brown sugar, cinnamon, and salt. Pulse to combine.
Add butter slices, a few at a time, pulsing after each addition.
Pulse until combined and crumbly.
Place 2/3 of mixture into prepared pan, and press evenly in bottom.
Bake for 15 minutes, or until just starting to brown.
Remove from oven and top with apple pie filling and remaining crumble mixture.
Return to oven and bake 40 minutes, until lightly browned.
- You can use your favorite vegan butter to make this a delicious vegan treat!
- Apple Butter can be used in place of apple pie filling. You just may need to decrease the amount a little.
- You could also use your favorite store-bought apple pie filling!
- Try and keep the layers thin! The thicker the layers of crumble and filling, the longer it'll take to cook, and the more difficult it is for it to set.
- Get the base as level as you can. You can use your hand to press it down, or just any flat kitchen tool.
- This recipe keeps really well!
- The glaze is optional, but totally recommended.
- If you use store-bought ingredients, we can't guarantee how the recipe will turn out.
Serving: 1barCalories: 262kcalCarbohydrates: 39gProtein: 3gFat: 11gSaturated Fat: 7gPolyunsaturated Fat: 1gMonounsaturated Fat: 3gTrans Fat: 1gCholesterol: 27mgSodium: 89mgPotassium: 85mgFiber: 2gSugar: 17gVitamin A: 325IUVitamin C: 1mgCalcium: 24mgIron: 1mg
Nutritional information is only an estimate. The accuracy of the nutritional information for any recipe on this site is not guaranteed.