Classic Bourbon Fruitcake Cookies
Perfectly sweet, soft, and so delicious! These Classic Bourbon Fruitcake Cookies are the best way to celebrate the holiday's.
- 1 cup glacéed fruit, chopped
- 1 cup all purpose flour, divided
- ¼ teaspoon baking soda
- ¼ teaspoon baking powder
- 6 Tablespoons salted butter, room temperature
- ¼ cup granulated sugar
- ¼ cup firmly packed brown sugar
- 1 large egg
- 1 cup chopped pecans
- 1 cup chopped dates
- 3 Tablespoons bourbon
Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
Line 3 sheet pans with parchment paper. Set aside.
In a small bowl, combine the glacéed fruit with 1/2 of the flour. Set aside.
Whisk together remaining 1/2 cup flour, baking soda, and baking powder. Set aside.
Beat butter and sugars together until creamy, about 2-3 minutes.
Stir in half of flour mixture.
Beat in egg.
Add last half of flour mixture.
Stir in glacéed fruit, dates, and pecans.
Drop by scoopfuls, or rounded teaspoonfuls, onto prepared pans.
Bake for 20 minutes, until light golden brown.
- You can use your favorite individual fruits for this recipe rather than a pre-mixed! I highly recommend using some citrus peel to give this cookie a bright twist.
- You could use whiskey, rum, or brandy instead of bourbon!
- The cookie dough is very wet so, keep this in mind when you're working with it!
- These cookies keep really well.
- Make sure to set out the butter a few hours before you start to bake! This will allow the butter to come to room temperature and be easier to mix.
- If you don't have a cookie scoop, you can use a normal spoon. It'll just be harder to get all the cookies the same size!
Serving: 1cookieCalories: 126kcalCarbohydrates: 18gProtein: 1gFat: 5gSaturated Fat: 2gPolyunsaturated Fat: 1gMonounsaturated Fat: 2gTrans Fat: 1gCholesterol: 12mgSodium: 43mgPotassium: 63mgFiber: 1gSugar: 11gVitamin A: 93IUVitamin C: 1mgCalcium: 22mgIron: 1mg
Nutritional information is only an estimate. The accuracy of the nutritional information for any recipe on this site is not guaranteed.