Homemade Southern Eggnog
Creamy, boozy, not too sweet, and SO. GOOD. This Homemade Southern Eggnog is the perfect treat to serve all winter long.
- 3 large eggs, separated
- ⅜ cup sugar, divided
- 1 cup heavy cream
- ½ cup milk
- 1 cup bourbon
- Ground nutmeg for serving
Beat egg yolks with 1/4 cup of the sugar until light and fluffy. Set aside.
Beat egg whites to soft peaks. Slowly add remaining 1/8 cup sugar and beat to stiff peaks. Set aside.
Beat cream to stiff peaks. Set aside.
In a large bowl, fold egg yolk mixture into cream.
Fold in egg whites.
Stir in milk and bourbon.
Place in covered container and refrigerate.
Sprinkle with nutmeg before serving.
- Make sure to serve this drink ice cold! It tastes so much better.
- This drink tastes better after sitting in the fridge for a few days.
- Stir often when storing! It will separate after sitting in the fridge.
- Don't over beat the cream or egg whites! See the pictures above to know the consistency for each. Over or under beating will ruin the drink.
- Top with nutmeg before serving!
Serving: 1Calories: 197kcalCarbohydrates: 11gProtein: 3gFat: 10gSaturated Fat: 6gPolyunsaturated Fat: 1gMonounsaturated Fat: 3gTrans Fat: 1gCholesterol: 83mgSodium: 35mgPotassium: 83mgSugar: 11gVitamin A: 441IUVitamin C: 1mgCalcium: 39mgIron: 1mg
Nutritional information is only an estimate. The accuracy of the nutritional information for any recipe on this site is not guaranteed.