Triple Chocolate Peppermint Cookies
Chocolate-y, peppermint-y, and SO. GOOD. These Triple Chocolate Peppermint Cookies are the best bake for the holiday's!
- 3 cups all purpose flour
- ¼ cup cocoa powder, sifted
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 8 ounces unsalted butter, room temperature
- 1 cup sugar
- ¼ cup brown sugar
- 1 large egg, room temperature
- ¼ cup milk, room temperature
- 1 ½ teaspoons vanilla
- ¼ teaspoon peppermint oil
- 1 cup chocolate chunks
- 12 ounces white chocolate
- 2 candy canes, crushed
Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
Line 2 sheet pans with parchment paper. Set aside.
In a large bowl, sift together flour, cocoa powder, baking soda, and salt. Set aside.
In the bowl of an electric mixer, beat butter and sugars until light and fluffy, about 3 minutes.
Beat in egg.
Stir in half of flour mixture.
Mix in milk.
Add remaining flour mixture.
Stir in vanilla, peppermint oil, and chocolate chunks.
Drop by scoopfuls onto prepared baking sheets.
Bake for 12 minutes.
Melt white chocolate.
Dip 1/3 of cooled cookie into chocolate.
Place on parchment paper and sprinkle with peppermint.
Allow to dry before serving,
- If you aren't a fan of white chocolate, feel free to use milk or dark chocolate to dip the cookies in!
- Peppermint schnapps can be used in place of peppermint oil.
- Chocolate chips are equally great as a chopped up chocolate bar!
- The peppermint is very strong in these cookies. You can adjust the amount to your preference!
- Make sure to get the butter out a few hours before baking.
- Check the expiration date on your baking soda.
- Don't over mix the cookies!
- If you don't have a cookie scoop, you can use a normal spoon. It'll just be harder to get all the cookies the same size!
Serving: 1 | Calories: 221kcal | Carbohydrates: 27g | Protein: 3g | Fat: 12g | Saturated Fat: 7g | Polyunsaturated Fat: 1g | Monounsaturated Fat: 3g | Trans Fat: 1g | Cholesterol: 23mg | Sodium: 121mg | Potassium: 92mg | Fiber: 1g | Sugar: 17g | Vitamin A: 193IU | Vitamin C: 1mg | Calcium: 33mg | Iron: 1mg