Homemade Eggnog French Toast
The best winter treat! This Eggnog French Toast is so easy to make and so delicious. It's guaranteed to be your new favorite breakfast!
- 1 quart eggnog
- 8 slices thick cut bread
- ground nutmeg
Spray a nonstick skillet with cooking spray and place over low heat.
In a small square dish, pour 1 cup of egg nog.
Place one piece of bread in eggnog. Allow to sit 1 minute.
Sprinkle soaked side with nutmeg.
Place in preheated skilled, nutmeg side down.
Sprinkle nutmeg on the side that is up in the pan.
Cook for 1-2 minutes, until golden brown.
Using a thin spatula, flip toast over and continue to cook 1-2 minutes, until golden.
Remove to plate, and serve immediately.
- You can use your favorite store-bought eggnog.
- You can also use store-bought bread!
- We used nutmeg, but cinnamon would be equally good.
- Be sure to use a non-stick frying pan for the best results.
- If you're using homemade eggnog, don't whip the cream, use whole milk instead of bourbon, and add vanilla!
- Make sure your pan doesn't get too hot! You don't want to burn the grease or the bread.
- This recipe doesn't keep well.
- Make sure the bread is thoroughly soaked before frying.
Serving: 1Slice | Calories: 180kcal | Carbohydrates: 23g | Protein: 8g | Fat: 6g | Saturated Fat: 3g | Polyunsaturated Fat: 1g | Monounsaturated Fat: 2g | Trans Fat: 1g | Cholesterol: 70mg | Sodium: 209mg | Potassium: 246mg | Fiber: 1g | Sugar: 11g | Vitamin A: 244IU | Vitamin C: 2mg | Calcium: 192mg | Iron: 1mg