No-Bake Homemade Chocolate Dipped Fruit Granola Bars
Soft, chewy, gooey, and SO. GOOD. These No Bake Homemade Chocolate Dipped Fruit Granola Bars are the healthyish snack you need all year long!
- ½ cup chopped almonds
- ½ cup chopped walnuts
- ½ cup chopped pecans
- ¼ cup dry roasted sunflower seeds
- ½ cup unsweetened coconut flakes
- ½ cup old fashioned oats
- 1 Tablespoon wheat germ
- ½ teaspoon salt
- 1 ½ cups dried mixed fruit
- 6 Tablespoons sugar
- ¼ cup water
- ¾ cup corn syrup
- ¼ cup honey
- ½ cup coconut oil
- 1 ½ cups dark chocolate
- 1 ½ teaspoons coconut oil
Spray the inside of an 8-inch square baking mold with cooking spray and set on top of a piece of parchment paper. Set aside.
In a large bowl, combine almonds, walnuts, pecans, sunflower seeds, coconut, oats, wheat germ, salt, and fruit. Set aside.
In a 2 quart saucepan, combine sugar, water, corn syrup, honey, and coconut oil.
Bring to a boil over medium heat and cook to 245 degrees.
Pour over dry ingredients.
Use a silicone spatula to stir together.
Spread in prepared mold and allow to cool.
In a microwave safe bowl, combine chocolate and coconut oil.
Microwave 30 seconds at a time, stirring after each, until melted and smooth.
- If you don't have wheat germ, flax seeds are a suitable substitute.
- You can use any fruit mix you like.
- Almost any kind of nuts can also be used instead.
- Butter can be used in place of the coconut oil, but it will be a bit greasier and it won't taste nearly as good.
- If you don't have a baking mold, you can use an 8-inch square pan. Just make sure to line it with parchment and grease it!
- Make sure the sunflower seeds are not salted.
- The almonds, walnuts, and pecans in this recipe are not roasted.
- Do not use instant oatmeal.
- You may need to set the chocolate coated granola in the freezer for 5 minutes to ensure the chocolate sets. Do not leave it in there longer!
Serving: 1barCalories: 504kcalCarbohydrates: 49gProtein: 6gFat: 34gSaturated Fat: 17gPolyunsaturated Fat: 6gMonounsaturated Fat: 9gTrans Fat: 1gCholesterol: 1mgSodium: 127mgPotassium: 362mgFiber: 6gSugar: 37gVitamin A: 13IUVitamin C: 1mgCalcium: 66mgIron: 4mg
Nutritional information is only an estimate. The accuracy of the nutritional information for any recipe on this site is not guaranteed.