Vegan Blueberry Muffins
Light, fluffy, bursting with blueberries, and SO. GOOD. These Vegan Blueberry Muffins are the perfect bake to celebrate the warm summer days.
- 2 cups all purpose flour
- 1 cup sugar
- 2 ½ teaspoons baking powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- ¼ cup vegetable oil
- ¼ cup vegan butter, melted
- 3 ½ ounces vegan egg
- ¾ cup unsweetened non-dairy milk of choice
- ½ teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 ½ cups blueberries
Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
Line muffin tin with baking cups or spray with baking spray. Set aside.
In a large bowl, whisk together flour, sugar, baking powder, and salt. Set aside.
In a medium bowl, whisk together vegetable oil, butter, egg, milk, and vanilla.
Pour over dry ingredients and mix together until wet ingredients are thoroughly incorporated.
Fold in blueberries
Scoop, or spoon, batter into prepared pan.
Bake for 20 minutes, or until lightly browned.
- You can use your favorite non-dairy milk to bake with in this recipe, we personally preferred oat milk.
- Frozen blueberries can be used instead of fresh.
- If you're using fresh blueberries, make sure you check them! Pick out any that are molded, smushed, or dried out.
- The smaller the blueberries you have, the more blueberries the muffins will have!
- Fill each muffin cup to about ¾ of the way full.
- These muffins freeze really well!
- If using an egg replacer, follow instructions on package for 2 egg equivalent.
- Also, if you are using an egg replacer, increase the milk to 1 cup.
Serving: 1 | Calories: 226kcal | Carbohydrates: 33g | Protein: 6g | Fat: 8g | Saturated Fat: 4g | Polyunsaturated Fat: 1g | Monounsaturated Fat: 2g | Trans Fat: 1g | Cholesterol: 41mg | Sodium: 331mg | Potassium: 92mg | Fiber: 1g | Sugar: 18g | Vitamin A: 276IU | Vitamin C: 2mg | Calcium: 87mg | Iron: 1mg