Buttermilk Peach Cobbler Coffee Cake
A celebration of summer! This Buttermilk Peach Cobbler Coffee Cake is perfectly sweet, peach-y, and SO. GOOD. It makes for the perfect addition to your summer mornings.
- ½ cup brown sugar
- 1 Tablespoon all purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1 Tablespoon salted butter
- ¾ cup pecans, finely chopped
- ¾ cup salted butter
- ⅓ cup granulated sugar
- ⅓ cup brown sugar
- 2 large eggs
- ¾ teaspoon vanilla
- 1 ½ cups all purpose flour
- ⅔ teaspoon baking soda
- ¾ teaspoon baking powder
- ¾ cup buttermilk
- 2 cups peach preserves
Stir together brown sugar, flour, and cinnamon.
Using a pastry knife or fork, cut butter into sugar mixture.
Stir in pecans. Set aside.
Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
Spray an 8" round pan with baking spray. Set aside.
Whisk together flour, baking soda, and baking powder. Set aside.
With an electric mixer, beat butter and sugars together until light and fluffy.
Beat in eggs, one at a time.
Stir in vanilla.
Add flour mixture alternately with buttermilk, beginning and ending with flour mixture.
Place 2/3 of batter into prepared pan and level.
Spread batter with peach preserves.
Top with remaining batter.
Sprinkle streusel on top.
Bake for 45-50 minutes, or until cake tests done.
- Allow time for the eggs, butter, and buttermilk to come to room temperature. The cake mixes better this way!
- The streusel topping makes more than you'll need for this cake, but it does freeze well.
- Check the expiration dates on your baking powder and baking soda!
- The cake batter is very thick. It might be a little trick to spread.
- Be sure to slide a knife around the edges of the cake after it's baked to make sure it doesn't stick!
Serving: 1slice | Calories: 705kcal | Carbohydrates: 111g | Protein: 6g | Fat: 27g | Saturated Fat: 13g | Polyunsaturated Fat: 3g | Monounsaturated Fat: 9g | Trans Fat: 1g | Cholesterol: 93mg | Sodium: 369mg | Potassium: 213mg | Fiber: 3g | Sugar: 73g | Vitamin A: 678IU | Vitamin C: 8mg | Calcium: 108mg | Iron: 2mg