Maple Pecan Scones with Maple Glaze
The perfect Fall bake! These Maple Pecan Scones with Maple Glaze pretty much just melt in your mouth with every bite, are perfectly sweet, nutty, and just SO. GOOD. Truly the best way to start your mornings!
- 2 cups all purpose flour
- ¼ cup sugar
- 1 Tablespoon baking powder
- ⅓ teaspoon salt
- 1 cup chopped pecans
- 1 cup heavy cream
- ½ cup maple syrup
- 1 cup powdered sugar sifted
- 6 Tablespoons maple syrup
Heat oven to 375 degrees.
Line a baking sheet with parchment paper. Set aside.
In a large bowl, whisk together flour, sugar, baking powder, and salt.
Stir in pecans.
In a small bowl, whisk together cream and syrup.
Pour over dry ingredients.
Stir until combined.
Turn out onto lightly floured surface.
Roll out into a rectangle, roughly 7 1/2"x12".
Cut into squares.
Place on prepared baking sheet.
Bake for 20 minutes, or until golden.
- Don't over-mix the dough!
- You can cut the scones onto any shape you like, but keep in mind, baking times may vary.
- Check the expiration date on your baking powder!
- Be sure to use real Canadian maple syrup.
- These scones freeze really well!
- For a bit of extra flavor, try toasting the pecans in the oven before making the scones.
Serving: 1 | Calories: 326kcal | Carbohydrates: 48g | Protein: 3g | Fat: 14g | Saturated Fat: 5g | Polyunsaturated Fat: 2g | Monounsaturated Fat: 6g | Cholesterol: 27mg | Sodium: 181mg | Potassium: 128mg | Fiber: 1g | Sugar: 28g | Vitamin A: 297IU | Vitamin C: 1mg | Calcium: 107mg | Iron: 1mg