Gooey Rum Soaked Pecan Sticky Buns
The best holiday breakfast treat! These Rum Pecan Sticky Buns are fluffy, gooey, deliciously sweet, and have a LOT of yummy rum flavor. Perfect for Thanksgiving, Christmas, and New Years!
- 3 cups all purpose flour
- ⅜ cup sugar
- 1 ½ teaspoons salt
- 1 ½ teaspoons yeast
- 7 ounces whole milk
- ½ cup unsalted butter
- 1 large egg
- ¼ cup granulated
- ¼ cup brown sugar
- 1 Tablespoon ground cinnamon
- ¼ cup salted butter, melted
- ¼ cup salted butter
- ½ cup brown sugar
- ¼ cup dark corn syrup
- ⅓ teaspoon ground cinnamon
- ⅓ teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 3 Tablespoons dark rum
- ½ cup pecans, chopped
In the bowl of an electric mixer, combine flour, sugar, salt, and yeast.
In a small saucepan, heat milk and butter until butter melts.
Cool to between 120 degrees F and 130 degrees F.
Pour over dry ingredients.
Add egg and mix in.
Switch to dough hook.
Knead 10-12 minutes, until dough is smooth and elastic.
Place in a covered container that has been oiled or sprayed with cooking spray.
Allow to proof at room temperature until doubled in bulk, about 1-1 1/2 hours.
Combine butter, sugar, corn syrup, cinnamon, and nutmeg in a small saucepan.
Heat over medium low heat, stirring constantly, until sugar has melted completely, about 5 minutes.
Remove from heat.
Stir in rum.
Putting It Together
Roll dough into a 12"x18" rectangle.
Brush with melted butter.
Sprinkle with filling mixture.
Beginning with the long side, roll dough jellyroll-style.
With a serrated knife, slice into 1"-1 1/4" rolls.
Spray an 8"x12" pan with cooking spray.
Pour rum syrup into the bottom of the pan.
Sprinkle with pecans.
Lay rolls on top of pecans.
Cover with plastic wrap and let rise in a warm place until doubled in bulk, about 1-1 1/2 hours.
Heat oven to 350 degrees F.
Bake rolls for 25 minutes, or until golden brown and cooked through.
Remove from oven and turn out onto serving tray.
- Double check your yeast to ensure it's in-date before baking!
- If milk mixture gets too hot, don’t worry! Allow it to cool to 120-130 degrees before pouring it into the dry ingredients.
- If you don't have a big enough lidded container to allow the dough to rise, you can put the dough in a glass bowl and cover it with plastic wrap!
- Don’t over fill the buns with the filling!
- These buns will only reheat once! Anything more will cause the syrup to burn and not be good.
Serving: 1roll | Calories: 422kcal | Carbohydrates: 56g | Protein: 5g | Fat: 20g | Saturated Fat: 10g | Polyunsaturated Fat: 2g | Monounsaturated Fat: 6g | Trans Fat: 1g | Cholesterol: 58mg | Sodium: 389mg | Potassium: 122mg | Fiber: 2g | Sugar: 30g | Vitamin A: 527IU | Vitamin C: 1mg | Calcium: 54mg | Iron: 2mg