Pumpkin French Toast
Sweet, pumpkin-y, and just melt in your mouth delicious! This Pumpkin French Toast is the perfect breakfast treat for the holiday season.
- 2 cups whole milk
- 1 cup heavy cream
- 8 large eggs
- 1 cup pumpkin purée
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- ¾ cup sugar
- ½ teaspoon pumpkin pie spice
- ½ teaspoon salt
- 1 loaf brioche
Slice bread into 1 inch thick slices.
In a large bowl, combine all ingredients.
Whisk together thoroughly.
Pour into a large casserole dish.
Arrange bread in dish, pushing each piece down into the custard.
Let soak 8-10 minutes.
Let soak another 8-10 minutes.
While bread is soaking, heat griddle to 325 degrees F.
Brush griddle with clarified butter.
Place toast on griddle and cook until browned, about 3-4 minutes.
Flip bread over and continue cooking until done, about 3-4 more minutes.
Repeat steps until all bread slices are used.
- Make sure the bread is thoroughly soaked before frying!
- The longer you leave the bread in the custard, the more flavor it will have. However, we do not recommend soaking overnight.
- You can use store-bought brioche or homemade.
- Canned pumpkin tastes best in this recipe!
- Frying times may vary depending on how hot your skillet/griddle is. Keep an eye on your bread to keep it from burning.
- This recipe does not keep well. However, you CAN make the custard the night before and store it in the fridge.
Serving: 1slice | Calories: 384kcal | Carbohydrates: 36g | Protein: 11g | Fat: 22g | Saturated Fat: 12g | Polyunsaturated Fat: 1g | Monounsaturated Fat: 4g | Trans Fat: 1g | Cholesterol: 244mg | Sodium: 360mg | Potassium: 190mg | Fiber: 1g | Sugar: 19g | Vitamin A: 4749IU | Vitamin C: 1mg | Calcium: 120mg | Iron: 1mg