One Pot Tomato and Spinach Cheese Tortellini Soup
Simple, but seriously delicious! This One Pot Tomato and Spinach Cheese Tortellini Soup is guaranteed to be your new go-to weeknight dinner meal during these colder months.
- 4 ounces chopped pancetta
- 1 cup chopped onion
- 2 Tablespoons chopped garlic
- ½ teaspoon red pepper flakes
- 6 cups chopped tomatoes
- 6 cups chicken stock
- ¾ cup tomato paste
- ⅔ cup sun dried tomato pesto
- 1 ½ teaspoons salt
- 2-3 sprigs fresh thyme
- 3-4 sprigs fresh oregano
- 9 ounces cheese tortellini
- 4 cups fresh spinach
In an 8 quart stockpot, sauté pancetta until crisp.
Sauté until onion is softened, about 3 minutes.
Stir in garlic and red pepper flakes.
Cook for 1 minute.
Add tomatoes, chicken stock, tomato paste, tomato pesto, and salt.
Cook, stirring occasionally, for 15 minutes.
Chop herbs, if desired.
Add to soup.
Stir in pasta.
Cook 4 -7 minutes, until pasta is al dente.
Turn off heat.
Stir in spinach.
- You can use store-bought sun-dried tomato pesto.
- Buy pre-chopped onions for faster prep!
- You can use any kind of cheese tortellini.
- Bacon can be used in place of the pancetta.
- Omit the pancetta and use vegetable stock instead of chicken stock to make this dish vegetarian!
- 2 cups of chopped tomatoes = one 14.5 ounce can.
- 3/4 cup tomato paste = one 6 ounce can.
- Lightly grease the pot with cooking spray to keep pancetta from sticking.
- This soup reheats well.
Serving: 1.5cups | Calories: 288kcal | Carbohydrates: 35g | Protein: 13g | Fat: 12g | Saturated Fat: 4g | Polyunsaturated Fat: 1g | Monounsaturated Fat: 3g | Trans Fat: 1g | Cholesterol: 25mg | Sodium: 1406mg | Potassium: 835mg | Fiber: 5g | Sugar: 12g | Vitamin A: 1954IU | Vitamin C: 27mg | Calcium: 153mg | Iron: 4mg