Earl Grey, Lemon, and Honey Breakfast Muffins
The best muffin for dreary winter days! These Earl Grey, Lemon, and Honey Breakfast Muffins are like your favorite cozy mug of tea. Sweet, floral, lemon-y, and just SO. GOOD.
- ¾ cup whole milk
- 1 earl grey tea bag
- 2 ½ cups all purpose flour
- 2 ½ teaspoons baking powder
- ⅝ teaspoon baking soda
- ¾ teaspoon salt
- ¾ teaspoon lemon zest
- ½ cup honey
- ½ cup vegetable oil
- 2 large eggs
- 2 teaspoons lemon juice
- honey, to serve
Heat oven to 350 degrees F.
Line a muffin tin with paper liners or spray with baking spray. Set aside.
Combine milk and tea bag in a small sauce pan.
Bring just to a boil.
Remove from heat and cover.
Let stand 3-5 minutes.
Discard tea bag.
Set milk aside to cool.
In a large bowl, whisk together flour, baking powder, baking soda, salt, and lemon zest.
In a small bowl, whisk together honey, vegetable oil, eggs, and lemon juice.
Whisk in cooled milk.
Pour wet ingredients over dry ingredients.
Whisk until mixed. Do NOT overmix.
Use a 3 Tablespoon cookie scoop to portion the batter into the muffin cups.
Bake until golden brown, about 14 minutes.
- Do NOT over-mix the batter.
- Be sure to set a timer when you're steeping the tea. You don't want to over-brew it!
- Fresh zest and fresh lemon juice work best in this recipe.
- If you don't have cupcake papers, you can grease the muffin pan.
- A cake tester or toothpick is a great way to check if these muffins are baked!
- If you opt not to serve these muffins with honey, increase the amount of honey in the recipe to 2/3 cup.
Serving: 1 muffinCalories: 240kcalCarbohydrates: 33gProtein: 4gFat: 11gSaturated Fat: 2gPolyunsaturated Fat: 6gMonounsaturated Fat: 3gTrans Fat: 1gCholesterol: 33mgSodium: 310mgPotassium: 68mgFiber: 1gSugar: 12gVitamin A: 70IUVitamin C: 1mgCalcium: 76mgIron: 2mg
Nutritional information is only an estimate. The accuracy of the nutritional information for any recipe on this site is not guaranteed.