Oatmeal Carrot Cake Sandwich Cookies with Cream Cheese Filling
Soft, creamy, perfectly spiced, and oh so delicious! These Oatmeal Carrot Cake Sandwich Cookies with Cream Cheese Filling are the perfect treat to bake for Easter.
- 2 cups all purpose flour
- ¾ cup granulated sugar
- ¾ cup brown sugar, firmly packed
- 3 cups rolled oats
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- ½ teaspoon baking powder
- ½ teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- ¼ teaspoon ground ginger
- ⅜ teaspoon ground cloves
- ½ teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 2 large eggs, room temperature
- ½ cup vegetable oil
- 1 Tablespoon vanilla extract
- 1 cup grated carrots
- ½ cup heavy cream, cold
- ½ cup cream cheese, cold
- pinch salt
- 1 cup powdered sugar, sifted
- ½ teaspoon vanilla extract
Heat oven to 375° F.
Line 4 sheet pans with parchment paper.
Lightly spray with cooking spray. Set aside.
In a large bowl, whisk together flour, granulated sugar, brown sugar, oats, baking soda, baking powder, salt, cinnamon, ginger, cloves, and nutmeg.
In a small bowl, whisk together eggs, oil, vanilla, and carrots.
Pour over dry ingredients.
Stir until all the dry ingredients have been combined.
Use a medium cookie scoop to scoop dough.
Drop onto prepared pans and tap down slightly.
Bake for 12-14 minutes, until lightly browned around edges.
Allow to cool on pan.
Cut cream cheese into cubes.
With an electric mixer, beat heavy cream to stiff peaks.
Beat in cream cheese, one cube at a time.
Beat in powdered sugar, a little at a time.
Stir in vanilla.
Putting It Together
Spoon filling into piping bag fitted with medium star tip.
Pipe onto half the cookies, starting on the outer edge and working toward the middle.
Top with unfilled cookie.
- 2 medium-large carrots, grated is 1 cup.
- Check the expiration dates on your spices.
- Make sure to use grated carrots for this recipe, not shredded.
- Be careful to not over-work the cookie dough!
- Tap down the cookies slightly before baking.
- The cookies may stick slightly to the parchment paper. Be careful picking them up!
- Do not over-beat the frosting.
- These cookies need to be kept in the fridge after assembly.
Serving: 1cookieCalories: 230kcalCarbohydrates: 34gProtein: 3gFat: 9gSaturated Fat: 3gPolyunsaturated Fat: 3gMonounsaturated Fat: 2gTrans Fat: 1gCholesterol: 26mgSodium: 132mgPotassium: 93mgFiber: 2gSugar: 19gVitamin A: 1050IUVitamin C: 1mgCalcium: 31mgIron: 1mg
Nutritional information is only an estimate. The accuracy of the nutritional information for any recipe on this site is not guaranteed.