Strawberry Rhubarb Crisp
Fruity, perfectly sweet, and SO DELICIOUS! This Strawberry Rhubarb Crisp with brown sugar and oat topping is the dessert you need to bake on repeat this summer. So simple, but so good!
- 1 pound strawberries, sliced
- 1 pound rhubarb, sliced
- ¾ cup granulated sugar
- ½ cup cornstarch
- 1 Tablespoon lemon juice
Heat oven to 350° F.
Spray a 9-inch round casserole with cooking spray. Set aside.
In a medium bowl, combine oats, brown sugar, flour, and cinnamon.
Cut in butter with a pastry blender. Set aside.
In a large bowl, gently mix strawberries, rhubarb, sugar, cornstarch, and lemon juice.
Pour into prepared pan.
Top with oat mixture.
Bake for 55-60 minutes until bubbly and browned.
- Make sure your butter is cold when making the topping! You can also use your hands or a hand-mixer to mix in the butter.
- Do NOT over-mix the filling. You need to be as careful as you can. If the strawberries burst/get smushed, the crisp will not cook properly.
- The crisp should be perfectly done after about 50 minutes. To see if it’s done, you can give it a small shake. If it’s mostly set, then it should be ready to take out.
- Make sure the topping coats the entire filling! You don’t want any exposed berries.
- As this cooks, it will rise slightly and then fall back down when you take it out of the oven.
- This recipe can be made vegan if a non-dairy butter is used for the topping!
Serving: 0.5cup | Calories: 376kcal | Carbohydrates: 65g | Protein: 3g | Fat: 13g | Saturated Fat: 7g | Polyunsaturated Fat: 1g | Monounsaturated Fat: 3g | Trans Fat: 0.5g | Cholesterol: 31mg | Sodium: 102mg | Potassium: 334mg | Fiber: 4g | Sugar: 42g | Vitamin A: 420IU | Vitamin C: 39mg | Calcium: 87mg | Iron: 1mg