Warm and filling. This Brunswick Stew is perfect for cold weather!
Servings: 7 quarts
- 1 whole chicken
- 3 pound chuck roast
- 8 large potatoes cubed
- 2 Tablespoons olive oil
- 8 cups chopped onion
- 1 Tablespoon crushed garlic
- 3 ears fresh corn cut off the cob
- 3 cups chopped tomatoes
- 1 quart [beef stock]
- 1 quart [chicken stock]
Boil chicken and chuck roast seasoned with salt and pepper, separately.
Allow to cool.
Chop meats and set aside.
Peel, cube, and cook potatoes in salted water. Drain and set aside.
In large pot, sauté onion and garlic in olive oil until tender.
Add corn and tomatoes.
Stir in chopped meats.
Stir in potatoes.
Cook over low heat, adding stock as needed, for 2-3 hours.
- Don't forget to stir occasionally! You don't want the stew to stick and burn.
- Like most stews and sauces, this is much better the next day!
- This stew freezes well! Just make sure to add a pack of our Homemade Chicken Stock when you reheat it!
Serving: 1cup | Calories: 279kcal | Carbohydrates: 24g | Protein: 21g | Fat: 12g | Saturated Fat: 4g | Polyunsaturated Fat: 7g | Cholesterol: 59mg | Sodium: 65mg | Fiber: 3g | Sugar: 3g