Southern Chess Pie
Deliciously sweet, buttery, easy to make, and a true classic! This Southern Chess Pie is perfect for any and all occasions occasion.
Servings: 1 pie
- 1 10 inch unbaked [pie crust]
- ½ cup butter
- 2 cups sugar
- 5 large eggs
- 1 Tablespoon all-purpose flour
- 1 Tablespoon cornmeal
- 1 cup milk
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 2 Tablespoons lemon juice
Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
Cream butter and sugar.
Add eggs one at a time, beating well after each addition.
Beat in flour and cornmeal.
Add milk, vanilla, and lemon juice.
Pour into unbaked pie crust and place in oven.
Bake for 55-60 minutes, until set. (or until a knife inserted in the center comes out clean)
- If this recipe curdles after you've added everything, it's okay! Transfer the filling from the mixer to a microwave safe bowl, and set it for 1 minute. Stop half way and whisk thoroughly before placing it back in the microwave for the remaining 30 seconds.
- You may need to cover the pie with foil about 40 minutes into baking.
Serving: 1slice | Calories: 263kcal | Carbohydrates: 54g | Protein: 5g | Fat: 4g | Saturated Fat: 1g | Polyunsaturated Fat: 2g | Cholesterol: 119mg | Sodium: 62mg | Sugar: 50g