Better Than a Bakery Lemon Blueberry Muffins with Cinnamon Streusel
Moist, tender, and bursting with blueberries! These Lemon Blueberry Muffins with Cinnamon Streusel are not only delicious, but so easy to make. They're truly the perfect summertime treat!
- ½ cup sugar
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 5 Tablespoons all purpose flour
- 3 Tablespoons salted butter
- 2 cups blueberries rinsed and drained
- 1 Tablespoon sugar
- 1 Tablespoon all purpose flour
- 1 ¾ cups all purpose flour
- ½ cup sugar
- 2 ¾ teaspoons baking powder
- ¾ teaspoon salt
- 1 Tablespoon lemon zest
- 1 large egg lightly beaten
- 1 cup milk
- ⅓ cup vegetable oil
Combine sugar, cinnamon, and flour.
Cut in butter until streusel resembles small peas. Set aside.
Place flour, sugar, baking powder, lemon zest, and salt in a medium bowl.
Stir together with whisk to combine.
In a medium bowl, whisk together vegetable oil, egg, and milk.
Pour over dry ingredients and mix together until wet ingredients are thoroughly incorporated.
Gently fold in blueberries.
Spoon into prepared muffin tins.
Top each muffin with 1 Tablespoon streusel.
Bake for about 18 minutes, until tops are light gold.
- You can use an electric mixer instead of a pastry blender or fork to make the streusel.
- Don't over mix the batter! Stir just until the dry ingredients are moistened. It's ok if it has lumps in it.
- Gently fold in the blueberries. You don't want to pop them!
- Use a cookie scoop to portion batter into muffin tins.
- Don't skip tossing the blueberries in the flour and sugar!
Serving: 1muffin | Calories: 239kcal | Carbohydrates: 36g | Protein: 3g | Fat: 9g | Saturated Fat: 7g | Polyunsaturated Fat: 1g | Monounsaturated Fat: 2g | Trans Fat: 1g | Cholesterol: 21mg | Sodium: 261mg | Potassium: 71mg | Fiber: 1g | Sugar: 20g | Vitamin A: 142IU | Vitamin C: 3mg | Calcium: 80mg | Iron: 1mg