Easy Homemade Caramel Sauce
Sweet, creamy, smooth, and so good. This Homemade Caramel Sauce is the perfect topping for all of your favorite desserts!
Servings: 24 servings
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- 4 Tablespoons unsalted butter
- ¼ cup heavy cream
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
Add sugar and salt to a small heavy sauce pan.
Cook over medium-low heat, stirring with a wooden spoon until sugar melts (about 10-12 minutes).
Immediately turn off heat and stir in butter.
Mix in cream a little at a time.
Stir in vanilla.
- When you're melting the sugar, make sure you keep stirring! It burns very quickly.
- The hardest thing about candy is burner temperatures! We cook on a natural gas range so, our low could be your medium. Keep an eye on the sugar and adjust as necessary!
- A wooden spoon is the best to stir with, but you can use a whisk.
- Make sure you stir around the corners as well, not just the center!
- The caramel will bubble intensely after each addition - butter, cream, vanilla. Be careful!
- This recipe is vegetarian and gluten free!
Serving: 1Tablespoon | Calories: 50kcal | Carbohydrates: 8g | Fat: 2g | Saturated Fat: 1g | Polyunsaturated Fat: 1g | Cholesterol: 6mg | Sodium: 23mg | Sugar: 8g