Southern Buttermilk Cornbread
This super easy Southern Buttermilk Cornbread is the ultimate side dish for any meal! Buttery and melt-in-your-mouth-delicious.
Servings: 10 servings
- 1 ½ cups cornmeal
- ⅜ cup all purpose flour
- 2 Tablespoons baking powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- ¾ cup salted butter
- 1 ¾ cups buttermilk
- 2 large eggs
Preheat oven to 425.
Place butter into 10" cast iron skillet and set in oven.
In a medium bowl, whisk together cornmeal, flour, baking powder, and salt.
Add buttermilk and eggs. Beat well.
Remove butter from oven and pour into batter.
Stir in and pour mixture back into the hot cast iron skillet.
Bake for 20 minutes, or until golden brown.
Turn out immediately..
- Do not skip melting the butter in the pan. This acts as a way to grease your pan and melting your butter at the same time!
- Make sure you work quickly.
- Be very careful when handling the hot cast iron pan.
- This recipe stores really well!
Serving: 1slice | Calories: 239kcal | Carbohydrates: 21g | Protein: 5g | Fat: 16g | Saturated Fat: 9g | Polyunsaturated Fat: 5g | Trans Fat: 1g | Cholesterol: 76mg | Sodium: 716mg | Fiber: 1g | Sugar: 2g