Easy One Pot Irish Cheddar Cheese Soup
Creamy, delicious, and addictively good! This cheddar cheese soup is a terrific one pot meal!
- 1 pound applewood smoked bacon chopped
- 2 cups chopped onion
- 1 cup chopped celery
- 1 cup all purpose flour
- 4 cups [chicken stock]
- 4 cups whole milk
- 1 pound Irish Cheddar grated
- ¾ cup Irish Red Ale room temperature
- 2 Tablespoons tabasco
- 2 Tablespoons worcestershire
Cook bacon over medium heat in a medium sized pot until crisp.
Stir in onions and celery.
Cook until all vegetables have softened and onions are translucent, about 6-8 minutes.
Mix in flour.
Cook and stir for 3-4 minutes.
Stir in broth.
Cook, stirring occasionally, 15-20 minutes over medium-low heat.
Cook, without boiling, another 15-20 minutes.
Stir in cheese and continue stirring until it melts
Stir in tabasco and worcestershire.
- Make sure to chop, grate, and measure everything out before you start cooking this recipe.
- We used Smithwick's Irish Ale and Kerrygold Dubliner White Cheddar for this recipe. You don't have to use these exact ingredients but they are absolutely delicious in this soup!
- Don't boil this soup. A low simmer is all you need. Keep an eye on it as you cook!
Serving: 1cupCalories: 474kcalCarbohydrates: 22gProtein: 28gFat: 30gSaturated Fat: 13gPolyunsaturated Fat: 14gCholesterol: 85mgSodium: 1137mgFiber: 1gSugar: 8g
Nutritional information is only an estimate. The accuracy of the nutritional information for any recipe on this site is not guaranteed.