Whipped Dark Chocolate Ganache
Rich, silky, decadent, and smooth! This whipped dark chocolate ganache is a chocoholics dream.
- 4 cups chocolate chips
- 4 cups heavy cream
Place chocolate chips in a heatproof glass bowl. Set aside.
Pour cream into a 2 quart saucepan and heat over medium heat until it just starts to bubble around the edges.
Remove cream from heat and pour over chocolate chips.
Let stand 15 minutes.
Stir until smooth and creamy.
Place a piece of plastic wrap over the bowl and press down until it touches the top of the chocolate.
Refrigerate for 1 hour or until set.
Remove from refrigerator and whip with the whisk attachment on a handheld mixer for 10-15 seconds, or until fluffy.
- Don't let your cream get to hot!
- This recipe uses Hershey's dark chocolate chips but you can use whatever chocolate chips you personally like.
- Don't over beat the frosting! It literally takes about 10 seconds using a mixer.
- The ganache will last a few weeks in the fridge and a few months when frozen.
- Make this ahead of time. It will take a few hours to let the ganache set so keep that in mind.
- When mixing the milk and chocolate chips, don't use a whisk! You don't want air bubbles in the ganache. make sure you use a rubber spatula.
Serving: 1Calories: 235kcalCarbohydrates: 28gProtein: 2gFat: 16gSaturated Fat: 9gPolyunsaturated Fat: 6gCholesterol: 8mgSodium: 7mgFiber: 3gSugar: 24g
Nutritional information is only an estimate. The accuracy of the nutritional information for any recipe on this site is not guaranteed.