Gingerbread Spiced Mulled Wine
Delicious and warming! This Gingerbread Spiced Mulled Wine is the perfect drink during the winter. SO. GOOD.
Servings: 3 servings
- 1 ⅓ cups water
- 1 cup brown sugar firmly packed
- 2 cinnamon sticks
- 6 whole allspice berries
- 1 star anise pod
- 7 whole cloves
- 6 cardamon pods cracked
- 3 inch piece ginger peeled and sliced
- 2 whole oranges juiced
- ½ fresh lemon juiced
- 1 bottle Cabernet Sauvignon
Crack cardamom and remove seeds.
In a 2 quart pot, combine water, brown sugar, cinnamon sticks, allspice, star anise, cloves, cardamom seeds, ginger, orange juice, and lemon juice.
Cook over medium low heat, stirring occasionally, until reduced by half, about 20 minutes.
Add wine and heat through.
- Make sure you use a cheap and very fruit forward Cabernet Sauvignons.
- Don't let the syrup boil too much! You don't want it to turn into candy. Just keep an eye on it and adjust the temperature as needed.
- Fresh ginger is the best way to go! It has so much more flavor than candied ginger.
- Have fun with the decorating when you serve! Try orange twists, cinnamon sticks, slices of orange, whatever makes you happy.
Serving: 1 | Calories: 535kcal | Carbohydrates: 91g | Protein: 2g | Fat: 1g | Polyunsaturated Fat: 1g | Sodium: 40mg | Fiber: 7g | Sugar: 70g