Homemade Chili Paste
Spicy, fresh, and vibrant! This Homemade Chili Paste is the perfect addition to so may dishes.
Servings: 2 cups
- 3 poblano peppers roasted
- 3 jalapeño peppers roasted
- 3 chili peppers roasted
- 1 head garlic roasted
- 3 sprigs oregano stripped
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
Cut top off garlic and drizzle with olive oil.
Wrap in foil and bake at 350 degrees for 1 hour.
Roast peppers on grill, over flame of gas stove, or in oven.
Remove skin and seeds from roasted peppers.
Remove garlic from roasted cloves.
In a blender, add peppers, garlic, oregano, and cumin.
Puree until smooth, about 1-2 minutes.
- While we love the peppers we chose, that doesn't necessarily mean you do too! This recipe can easily be changed to suit your needs and preferences.
- Make sure you use fresh oregano. It makes a huge difference!
- If you don't have a blender, you can use a food processor.
- This recipe can be frozen or kept in the fridge, but it lasts longer in the freezer.
Serving: 1Tablespoon | Calories: 5kcal | Carbohydrates: 1g | Sodium: 1mg