Easy Vegetable Broth
Fresh, vibrant, and so easy to make! This homemade vegetable broth is a great plant-based alternative to other broths and it tastes so much better than anything you can buy.
Servings: 1 quart
- 4 large carrots cut into 1 inch chunks
- 3 ribs celery cut into 1 inch chunks
- 1 small onion cut into eighths
- 4 mushrooms quartered
- 5 cloves garlic peeled
- 2-3 sprigs thyme
- 2 bay leaves
- 2-3 Tablespoons olive oil
- salt and pepper
- 2 quarts water
Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
Toss carrots, celery, onion, mushrooms, and garlic with olive oil.
Season with salt and pepper.
Spread onto a baking sheet.
Roast for 30 minutes, stirring every 10 minutes.
Place vegetables in a small stock pot.
Add thyme, bay leaves, and water.
Cook until reduced by half, about 30 minutes.
Strain out vegetables.
- You can use this as a great plant-based alternative for so many dishes!
- Make sure to salt and pepper the vegetables.
- This recipe can easily be doubled to make more or halved to make less.
- You can use about an 1/8 of a teaspoon of dried thyme to substitute for fresh.
- You can easily freeze this recipe for later use.
Serving: 1cup | Calories: 127kcal | Carbohydrates: 9g | Protein: 1g | Fat: 10g | Saturated Fat: 1g | Polyunsaturated Fat: 9g | Sodium: 147mg | Fiber: 3g | Sugar: 3g