Easy Vegetable Broth
Fresh, vibrant, and so easy to make! This homemade Vegetable Broth is a great plant-based alternative to other broths and it tastes so much better than anything you can buy.
- 4 large carrots, cut into 1 inch chunks
- 4-5 stalks celery, cut into 1 inch chunks
- 1 large onion, cut into eighths
- 4 large mushrooms, quartered
- 7-8 medium tomatoes
- 2-3 corn cobs
- 5 cloves garlic, peeled
- ½ cup olive oil
- 6-8 sprigs thyme
- 4 bay leaves
- ⅛ cup whole peppercorns
- 1 Tablespoon salt, or to taste
- 6 quarts water
Heat oven to 375 degrees.
Toss carrots, celery, onion, mushrooms, tomatoes, corn cobs, and garlic with olive oil.
Spread on a baking sheet.
Roast for 30 minutes, stirring every 10 minutes.
Place vegetables in a 12 quart stock pot.
Add thyme, bay leaves, peppercorns, salt, and water.
Bring to a boil.
Cook until reduced by half, about 1 ½-2 hours.
Strain out vegetables.
- You can use this as a great plant-based alternative for so many dishes.
- This recipe can easily be doubled to make more or halved to make less.
- You can use about an 1/2 of a teaspoon of dried thyme to substitute for fresh.
- You can easily freeze this recipe for later use.
Serving: 1cupCalories: 159kcalCarbohydrates: 14gProtein: 3gFat: 11gSaturated Fat: 2gPolyunsaturated Fat: 1gMonounsaturated Fat: 8gTrans Fat: 0.001gSodium: 768mgPotassium: 487mgFiber: 4gSugar: 6gVitamin A: 5682IUVitamin C: 18mgCalcium: 65mgIron: 1mg
Nutritional information is only an estimate. The accuracy of the nutritional information for any recipe on this site is not guaranteed.