Fluffy Sourdough Pancakes
Light, fluffy, and SO GOOD! These Sourdough Pancakes are the best way to use pour off from your starter while getting an easy and seriously delicious breakfast on the table.
- 2 cups all purpose flour
- 1 Tablespoon baking powder
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ½ teaspoon baking soda
- 1 cup [sourdough starter]
- 1 ½ cups buttermilk
- 2 large eggs
- 4 Tablespoons butter melted
Preheat griddle to 300 degrees.
In a large bowl, whisk together flour, baking powder, baking soda, and salt.
Add sourdough starter, buttermilk, and eggs. Mix well.
Stir in melted butter.
Spray griddle with cooking spray or brush down with vegetable oil.
Spoon batter using 1/3 cup measure onto griddle and cook until bubbles form and the sides dry out, about 4-5 minutes.
Flip gently and cook through.
- The batter will be pretty stiff at first but once you add the butter, it'll smoothen out and become runnier.
- It's okay if the batter is a little lumpy.
- These pancakes freeze really well!
- They work as a savory or sweet pancake.
- Add the melted butter last.
Serving: 1pancake | Calories: 135kcal | Carbohydrates: 18g | Protein: 4g | Fat: 5g | Saturated Fat: 3g | Polyunsaturated Fat: 2g | Cholesterol: 42mg | Sodium: 363mg | Fiber: 1g | Sugar: 2g