These Sourdough Waffles are buttery, crunchy exterior, soft and fluffy on the inside, easy to make, and SO GOOD.
- 2 ½ cups all purpose flour
- 1 Tablespoon baking powder
- ¾ teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 ½ cups [sourdough starter]
- 2 cups buttermilk
- 3 large eggs
- 3 Tablespoons unsalted butter
Preheat waffle iron to medium heat.
In a large bowl, whisk together flour, baking powder, baking soda, and salt.
Add sourdough starter, eggs, and buttermilk.
Mix until well combined.
Stir in butter.
Spray waffle iron with cooking spray or brush with vegetable oil.
Ladle batter into waffle iron, filling forms completely.
Close lid and cook until light golden brown.
- Don't overfill the waffle iron!
- This recipe freezes really well.
- The batter doesn't have to be completely smooth.
- Add the melted butter last.
Serving: 1 | Calories: 209kcal | Carbohydrates: 34g | Protein: 7g | Fat: 5g | Saturated Fat: 2g | Polyunsaturated Fat: 2g | Cholesterol: 56mg | Sodium: 474mg | Fiber: 2g | Sugar: 2g