Sun-dried Tomato and Basil Pesto
Fresh, vibrant, and absolutely delicious! This homemade Sun-dried Tomato and Basil Pesto is perfect for pizzas, pastas, or whatever else you can come up with.
Servings: 2 cups
- ½ cup chopped onion
- ⅛ cup chopped orange bell pepper
- 1 Tablespoon olive oil
- 1 cup fresh basil leaves
- 4 ounces sun-dried tomatoes
- 1 cup grated parmesan cheese
- 2 cloves garlic
- ⅜ cup tomato paste
- 2 Tablespoons water
- ⅓ cup olive oil
Heat the 1 Tablespoon of olive oil in a sauté pan over medium low heat.
Add onion and bell pepper and cook until vegetables are softened, about 5 minutes. Set aside.
In the bowl of a food processor, add basil leaves, sun-dried tomatoes, parmesan cheese, garlic, tomato paste, water, olive oil, and sautéd vegetables.
Process 3-4 minutes, occasionally scraping down sides, until desired smoothness (or chunkiness) is achieved.
- You can use red or yellow bell pepper instead of an orange one. We used an orange one because - well, that's what we had in the fridge!
- Wanna make this vegan? Use your favorite vegan parmesan instead!
- Feel free to use avocado oil instead of olive oil.
- You can use a blender or a food processor! Of course, a food processor it more preferable but use what you have. Just watch the pesto in the blender because you don't want it silky smooth!
- Don't skip sautéing the onions and bell peppers!
- This recipe stores really well in the fridge and freezer.
Serving: 1Tablespoon | Calories: 42kcal | Carbohydrates: 2g | Protein: 1g | Fat: 4g | Saturated Fat: 1g | Polyunsaturated Fat: 3g | Cholesterol: 3mg | Sodium: 59mg | Sugar: 1g