Simple Syrup is one of those must haves to keep in your fridge! Whether you prefer cocktails or sweet tea, simple syrup is the answer to all that stirring trying to get sugar to dissolve in a cold drink!
What’s great about this is that it eliminates the needs for artificial sweeteners! We make Simple Syrup up in big batches and store it in the fridge. It gets used for everything from the obvious (cocktails, tea, coffee, lemonade) to things like our Homemade Vanilla Yogurt!
This is definitely something that should be in everyone’s arsenal! Whether you’re a professional bartender, a caterer. a chef, or simple a home cook making Sunday dinner, this is one easy simple syrup recipe will make your life so much better!
What is simple syrup?
All it is is a combination of two simple ingredients! Sugar and water. It’s used in any food or drink where you would have a difficult time getting sugar to melt.
How to make simple syrup
My simple syrup recipe is as easy as it gets! I have seen lots of ratios out there but I prefer a straight 1 to 1 ratio – 1 part sugar to 1 part water. This way it’s super easy to increase or decrease to get the amount you want!
All you have to do is combine the sugar and water in a sauce pan, heat, and stir over medium heat until the sugar completely dissolves. Take it off the heat. Let it cool.
After that, put it in a tightly covered container and store in the refrigerator!
- Make sure to not let the syrup boil! This will create a hard candy and is the opposite of what we want here!
- You can use this syrup as soon as it comes off the heat but it is better to give it time to cool.
- This simple syrup can be flavored easily. Simply add the ingredients you want the syrup to taste like when you add the sugar and water.
If you enjoyed this recipe, make sure to leave a comment down below! We love hearing from you and answering any questions you might have. Also, be sure to tag us on social media and hashtag it #MSDHospitality!
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 cup water
- Combine sugar and water in a saucepan.
- Heat over medium heat until sugar dissolves completely.
- Remove from heat and allow to cool.
- Store in refrigerator until needed.
Nutritional information is only an estimate. The accuracy of the nutritional information for any recipe on this site is not guaranteed.