Brown Sugar and Nutmeg Peach Galette
This Brown Sugar and Nutmeg Peach Galette is SO. GOOD. Perfectly sweet with warming nutmeg undertones, and extra peachy. It's truly the perfect summer dessert!
Cream Cheese Crust
- 1 ¾ cups all purpose flour
- 2 Tablespoons sugar
- ¼ teaspoon baking powder
- ½ cup salted butter, cold
- 3 ounces cream cheese, cold
- 1 ½ teaspoons apple cider vinegar
- 3 ⅓ Tablespoons heavy cream
- 3 cups sliced peaches
- ⅓ cup brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon nutmeg
Combine flour, sugar, and baking powder in the bowl of a food processor.
Pulse a few times to combine.
Slice butter and cream cheese.
Add slices 1 or 2 at a time, pulsing a few times after each addition.
Add vinegar and cream.
Pulse until mixture comes together into a dough.
Lightly form into a ball and place on a piece of plastic wrap.
Flatten slightly and wrap securely.
Place in refrigerator for 30 minutes.
Remove from refrigerator and place on a piece of lightly floured parchment.
Roll dough into a rectangle that is 1/4" thick. Set aside.
Putting It Together
Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
Layer peaches on crust, leaving a 2" edge of crust around the peaches.
Reserve any leftover liquid.
Fold the edges in over the peaches.
Bake for 45 minutes.
Brush reserved liquid over top of crust and over peaches.
Return to oven and continue to bake an additional 10-15 minutes, until crust is golden brown.
- Don't overwork the pie dough!
- Make sure your peach slices are uniform! This allows them to cook evenly.
- You don't need a food processor to make this recipe. Just make sure to use a fork or a pastry blender to cut up the cream cheese and butter into the flour. The food processor just makes things easier!
- Don't skip brushing the crust and peaches! This helps the crush brown, but also gives the peaches a little moisture without making the crust soggy.
Serving: 1slice | Calories: 218kcal | Carbohydrates: 26g | Protein: 3g | Fat: 12g | Saturated Fat: 7g | Polyunsaturated Fat: 1g | Monounsaturated Fat: 3g | Trans Fat: 1g | Cholesterol: 33mg | Sodium: 103mg | Potassium: 117mg | Fiber: 1g | Sugar: 11g | Vitamin A: 512IU | Vitamin C: 3mg | Calcium: 27mg | Iron: 1mg