Peach and Nutmeg Crumble Bars
The perfect treat for summer! These Peach and Nutmeg Crumble bars are easy to make, bursting with flavor, and the perfect use for all those fresh summer peaches. SO. GOOD.
- 3 cups peaches, peeled and chopped
- 3 Tablespoons lemon juice
- ¾ cup granulated sugar
- ¾ cup all purpose flour
- ¾ cup almond flour
- 1 ½ cups old fashioned oats
- ½ cup brown sugar
- 1 ¼ teaspoon ground nutmeg
- ⅜ teaspoon salt
- ¾ cup unsalted butter
Place peaches. lemon juice, and sugar in a 2 quart saucepan.
Cook over medium low heat for 10-15 minutes, until thickened. Set aside.
Combine all purpose flour, almond flour, oats, brown sugar, nutmeg, and salt in the bowl of a food processor.
Pulse a few times to combine.
Add butter and continue pulsing until mixture comes together into a dough.
Putting It Together
Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
Spray a 7 1/2" pan with cooking spray.
Place 2/3 of the crust mixture into prepared pan.
Press out evenly to cover bottom of pan.
Bake for 15-18 minutes, until crust is just starting to brown.
Remove from oven.
Top with peach jam.
Crumble remaining crust mixture on top of jam.
Return to oven and cook for an additional 35-40 minutes, until done.
- You can use store-bought jam instead of homemade.
- You can use your favorite vegan butter to make this a delicious vegan treat!
- The jam will stick to the sides of the pan. You will need to run a knife along the edges before turning it out.
- Make sure the base is level! If it's not, your bars might crumble and break completely.
- Try and keep the layers thin! The thicker the layers of crumble and filling, the longer it'll take to cook, and the more difficult it is for it to set.
Serving: 1bar | Calories: 411kcal | Carbohydrates: 53g | Protein: 6g | Fat: 21g | Saturated Fat: 10g | Polyunsaturated Fat: 1g | Monounsaturated Fat: 4g | Trans Fat: 1g | Cholesterol: 41mg | Sodium: 104mg | Potassium: 185mg | Fiber: 3g | Sugar: 34g | Vitamin A: 641IU | Vitamin C: 5mg | Calcium: 47mg | Iron: 2mg