No Churn Rocky Road Chocolate Mousse Ice Cream
Rocky Road Ice Cream just got an upgrade...this No Churn Rocky Road Chocolate Mousse Ice Cream is chocolate-y, silky smooth, and SO. GOOD. Every bite will always leave you wanting more.
- 1 ½ teaspoons powdered gelatin
- ⅛ cup water
- 2 cups heavy cream, cold
- 2 large eggs
- 3 large egg yolks
- 3 ¼ Tablespoons granulated sugar
- 1 ⅓ cups dark chocolate pieces
- 1 cup small marshmallows
- ¾ cups whole almonds
- ¾ cup dark chocolate chips
Dissolve gelatin in water. Set aside.
Beat cream to stiff peaks.
Refrigerate until needed.
In a medium heat-proof bowl, whisk together eggs, egg yolks, and sugar.
Place over a pot of simmering water.
Heat, while stirring, to 135° F.
Remove from heat.
Beat with an electric mixer until light and airy, about 3-4 minutes.
Place chocolate pieces in a microwave safe bowl.
Microwave in 15 second increments, stirring after each, until chocolate is melted and smooth.
Stir into mousse.
Fold in whipped cream.
Fold in marshmallows, almonds, and chocolate chips.
Transfer to a freezer-safe container and freeze.
- When making the chocolate mousse, be sure that the gelatin is entirely dissolved into the egg mixture before moving forward. You don’t want chunks of gelatin in your mousse!
- If using sheet gelatin rather than powdered gelatin, you will need 1 sheet.
- The melted chocolate NEEDS to be warm for this recipe. If it gets cold by the time you add it to the egg mixture, you will have chunks of chocolate in your mousse.
- Be careful to not over-whip your cream!
- When folding in the whipped cream, do not over fold. You don’t want to deflate the mousse.
- Before serving, let this ice cream thaw slightly. Since it's a mousse, rather than a traditional ice cream, it can't be scooped right out of the freezer.
Serving: 0.5cup | Calories: 613kcal | Carbohydrates: 41g | Protein: 12g | Fat: 46g | Saturated Fat: 29g | Polyunsaturated Fat: 3g | Monounsaturated Fat: 11g | Trans Fat: 0.01g | Cholesterol: 183mg | Sodium: 94mg | Potassium: 476mg | Fiber: 3g | Sugar: 27g | Vitamin A: 1039IU | Vitamin C: 1mg | Calcium: 233mg | Iron: 2mg