Homemade Banana Nut Bread
This easy homemade banana nut bread is a delicious breakfast or snack! Loaded with lots of bananas and pecans, there's no way to not love this loaf!
- 3 ½ cups all purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 2 teaspoons baking soda
- 6 ripe bananas
- 2 teaspoons lemon juice
- 1 cup unsalted butter room temperature
- 1 ¾ cups sugar
- 5 large eggs room temperature
- 1 cup pecans chopped
Preheat oven to 325 degrees.
Spray two 9-inch loaf pans (or four 7-inch loaf pans) with baking spray. Set aside.
Combine flour, soda, and salt. Whisk to combine. Set aside.
Peel bananas and mash them. Stir in lemon juice. Set aside.
Beat butter and sugar until light and fluffy, about 3 minutes. Do not over-beat.
Add flour mixture alternately with eggs, beginning and ending with flour mixture. Beat after each addition.
Mix in bananas.
Stir in pecans.
Divide evenly into prepared pans.
Bake for about 1 hour or until bread tests done, covering with foil after 45 minutes to prevent over browning.
- Make sure the eggs and butter are room temperature.
- Be sure to cover the loaves about 40-45 minute into cook time with foil. This prevents over-browning while it finishes baking!
- This recipe keeps really well.
- You can make two large loaves or four smaller ones.
- Any nut can be used in place of the pecans. We just prefer pecans.
- Check the expiration date on your baking soda before baking.
Serving: 1sliceCalories: 496kcalCarbohydrates: 89gProtein: 10gFat: 12gSaturated Fat: 5gPolyunsaturated Fat: 6gCholesterol: 54mgSodium: 195mgFiber: 3gSugar: 29g
Nutritional information is only an estimate. The accuracy of the nutritional information for any recipe on this site is not guaranteed.