Apple Pie Fritters with Spiced Apple Glaze
Sweet, perfectly spiced, and SO good. These dairy free Apple Pie Fritters with Spiced Apple Glaze is guaranteed to be your new Fall go-to.
- 3 cups chopped apples
- 1 ½ cups all purpose flour
- ¼ cup sugar
- 1 ½ teaspoons baking powder
- ¾ teaspoon salt
- 1 Tablespoons apple pie spice
- 2 large eggs
- 1 cup apple juice
- 2 cups powdered sugar
- 2 teaspoons apple pie spice
- ½ cup apple juice
- Vegetable Oil, for frying
Peel, core, and chop apples. Set aside.
In a large bowl, stir together flour, sugar, baking powder, salt, and apple pie spice.
Whisk in eggs and apple juice.
Fold in apples.
Drop by spoonfuls into 350 degree oil.
Cook for 1 to 1 1/2 minutes, until brown, flipping halfway through.
Dip in glaze.
- You can use a flax-egg or any other vegan egg replacement to make this recipe vegan!
- Any apples work just fine.
- Cinnamon can be used in place of apple pie spice.
- You should have no more than 2 inches of oil in your pan.
- The oil shouldn't exceed 350 degrees, as anything higher will cause the fritters to burn. Use a thermometer and watch those temps!
- The fritters should always be flat! Anything thicker will just cause the middle to be underdone and the outside burnt.
- Make sure your baking powder is in date.
- Use clean vegetable oil!
- We used about an 1/8 cup of batter to fry.
- The fritters are not crispy.
Serving: 1Fritter | Calories: 65kcal | Carbohydrates: 15g | Protein: 1g | Fat: 1g | Saturated Fat: 1g | Polyunsaturated Fat: 1g | Monounsaturated Fat: 1g | Trans Fat: 1g | Cholesterol: 9mg | Sodium: 70mg | Potassium: 33mg | Fiber: 1g | Sugar: 10g | Vitamin A: 20IU | Vitamin C: 1mg | Calcium: 15mg | Iron: 1mg