This simple Asparagus, Caramelized Onion, Prosciutto, and Goat Cheese Flatbread is the perfect flatbread to make to welcome in this Fall weekend! Homemade pizza crust, brushed with olive oil, sprinkled with parmesan cheese, and topped with sautéed onions and asparagus, fresh prosciutto, and goat cheese. Serve warm, right out of the oven, while the prosciutto is extra crispy and the goat cheesy is soft and gooey for a dinner (or appetizer!) the everyone will love!
About The Recipe
Happy Friday, everyone!
Whew…I am so ready for the weekend! This week has been a little bit more chaotic than normal, nothing that we couldn’t handle, just mostly super busy, but I am definitely ready for some rest. This flatbread is the perfect way to kick off a weekend of just chill vibes!
This recipe has been something in my mom’s back pocket for as long as I can remember. She would make it whenever we had company coming during the holiday’s.
Though, to be completely honest, when I was a kid, I really used to dislike it. Oops! It’s definitely a recipe geared more for an adult palette, and now that I’m older, this is definitely one of my new favorite flatbreads to make and eat!
The recipe itself is super simple, only requiring a handful of ingredients, and super fancy without any effort. I mean, fresh asparagus, crispy prosciutto, caramelized onions, finished with lots of goat cheese, all piled on top of a homemade pizza crust and baked to golden perfection.
Does it get any better?
Whether you’re in need of a quick and light dinner or maybe a delicious appetizer for a get together, this Asparagus Prosciutto and Goat Cheese Flatbread is sure to be your new go-to!
Reasons You Will Love This Asparagus Prosciutto Flatbread
- Super simple to make!
- Minimal ingredients.
- Full of flavor!
- Serve as an appetizer or light dinner.
- Quick to make.
- Crowd pleasing!
(Full ingredient amounts and instructions can be found in the recipe card at the bottom of the post)
- Pizza Dough
- Olive Oil
- Grated Parmesan Cheese
- Chopped Onion
- Chopped Asparagus
- Prosciutto Slices
- Goat Cheese
How To Make This Asparagus Prosciutto Flatbread
Step 1: Sauté
Sauté onions and asparagus in olive oil until onions just begin to brown, about 3-4 minutes. Set aside.
Step 2: Roll out pizza dough
Roll pizza dough out into a rectangle on a piece of floured parchment.
Step 3: Add toppings
Top with 2-3 Tablespoons olive oil. Spread over entire surface of dough.
Sprinkle parmesan over top. Spread onions and asparagus evenly over dough.
Tear prosciutto into pieces, if desired, and place on pizza. Crumble goat cheese on top.
Step 4: Bake
Bake for 8-10 minutes, or until the crust is golden brown.
How To Store
This flatbread is best eaten shortly after it’s made, but if there are leftovers, you can store the slices in a zip top bag or wrapped in foil and keep in the fridge for about 1-2 days. To reheat, place desired amount of flatbread on a sheet pan and place in a 350 degree oven. It should be reheated in about 5-8 minutes! Just be sure to keep an eye on it.
- You can use store-bought pizza dough instead of homemade, but we can’t guarantee cooking times.
- To make this recipe vegan, omit the prosciutto and use your favorite vegan parmesan cheese!
- The amounts on the toppings are to our taste. You can adjust as needed!
- Feta can be used in place of goat cheese.
- ¾ cup chopped onion is equal to 1 small onion.
- 1 cup chopped asparagus is equal to about ½ of a bunch.
- Be sure to preheat your baking stone for at least an hour before baking the pizza!
- Make sure to flour your parchment paper and your hands before handling the pizza dough! This is to ensure nothing sticks so it’s a very important step to remember.
- If you want you dough to stay flat during baking, dock it with a fork or a dough docker.
- If you don’t have a baking stone, you can bake this on a sheet pan or a pizza pan!
- Each oven bakes differently. Keep an eye on the pizza while it”s baking.
When you make this Asparagus, Caramelized Onion, Prosciutto, and Goat Cheese Flatbread, leave a comment down below! We love hearing from you and answering any questions you might have! Also, be sure to tag us on social media and hashtag it #BakersTable.
Asparagus, Caramelized Onion, Prosciutto, and Goat Cheese Flatbread
- 12 ounces pizza dough
- 2-3 Tablespoons olive oil + extra for sautéing
- ½ cup grated parmesan cheese
- ¾ cup chopped onion
- 1 cup chopped asparagus
- 4 slices prosciutto
- 2½ ounces goat cheese
- Place pizza stone in oven, if using.
- Heat oven to 500° F.
- Sauté onions and asparagus in olive oil until onions just begin to brown, about 3-4 minutes. Set aside.
- Roll pizza dough out into a rectangle on a piece of floured parchment.
- Top with 2-3 Tablespoons olive oil.
- Spread over entire surface of dough.
- Sprinkle parmesan over top.
- Spread onions and asparagus evenly over dough.
- Tear prosciutto into pieces, if desired, and place on pizza.
- Crumble goat cheese on top.
- Bake for 8-10 minutes, until crust is golden brown.
Nutritional information is only an estimate. The accuracy of the nutritional information for any recipe on this site is not guaranteed.
– Still Hungry? –
Here are a few recipes may like!